Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Xj wont start help !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Xj wont start help !!!!!!!!

well its abit of along story but here i go back in 04 i fell asleep hit a phone pole its been sitting ever since. I've started it up on a few ocassion though the years last time beening about 3-4 yrs ago (till about amth ago) i pushed the right fender in so know ive replace near all body parts and mechanics are about done as well. amonth ago when i started it i didnt have a serpintine belt on and it wasnt on jackstands in the front, or the air filter and the gromet on top of the valve cover closets to the belt. ive been able to manually rotate all the pullys "that i can remember" , except for the biggest pulley (sorry dont know name sad i know please bare wit me). so know im crankin on it and crankin on it and it sounds like it wants to but every once in a while theres this hard thud which then takes abit of momentum away again thank u so much for all imput. I MISS MY XJ u can post here or pm thanks folks.

Last edited by jeepveins; 07-19-2010 at 01:40 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:00 PM

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0 I6

I would check all of the pulleys to make sure nothing is stuck. What did you do to your Cherokee? More information would be helpful. Check to make sure that the A/C Compressor Clutch is moving freely and also check the alternator, power steering and water pump pulleys.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:37 AM

well its abit of along story but here i go back in 04 i fell asleep hit a phone pole its been sitting ever since. I've started it up on a few ocassion though the years last time beening about 3-4 yrs ago (till about amth ago) i pushed the right fender in so know ive replace near all body parts and mechanics are about done as well. amonth ago when i started it i didnt have a serpintine belt on and it wasnt on jackstands in the front, or the air filter and the gromet on top of the valve cover closets to the belt. ive been able to manually rotate all the pullys "that i can remember" , except for the biggest pulley (sorry dont know name sad i know please bare wit me). so know im crankin on it and crankin on it and it sounds like it wants to but every once in a while theres this hard thud which then takes abit of momentum away again thank u so much for all imput
Old 07-19-2010, 01:37 AM

thank u for the quick response firstime00xj