Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Would you do it? and done with the front bumper!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 09:38 PM
MJ>XJ

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default Would you do it? and done with the front bumper!

I came across a 88 XJ 4 door with a lift and 31x10.50 MT's that are in like brand new condition... i dont know what lift it has cause there is no rubbing of these tires and there looks to be plenty of room... theres not spacers in the front or rear... no aftermarket lower control arms... and stock trac bar brackets... i guess if its a aal it goes under the rest of the pack... cause there was a thicker style leaf then what i have under my stock XJ... Its been sitting for under a year because they started to pull the tranny cause they though something was wrong with it... turned out to be a sensor and he lost the bolts to bolt the trans to the motor... that and the starter needs installed... everything else is still attached... so not alot of work there (why they started with the main bolts i have no idea)... anyways any ideas what lift this would be? Theres no coild spacers up front either... The xj only has 95,000 miles on it (even)... its got a PS leak and a front seal leak which are easy enough to fix... what im wanting to do is buy it and swap the tires, suspension, and wheels onto my XJ and then take mine and put it on this one... get it running and sell it... he wants $1,000 for it... running and cleaned up i could probly sell it down here to someone for probly around $1500... deff with my 31in AT's ( and alittle trimming like mine now)... and low miles... so im gunning for making money on the sell and getting a lift and tires for mine... the questions is would you guys do it? think its worth the work involved for this style lift? like i said the tires were probly installed a week before they parked it or something... oh and it DOES come with another tranny they already got from a reputable local salvage yard... So i could sell it also... im just not sure if its worth the work in swapping lifts (alignments and stuff noted)... tell me what you guys would do... oh and i also got my front bumper finished (well mostly... still want to tie into swaybar mounts)... check it out...
Attached Images  
Old 09-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Registered Users

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by huntingman2706217
I came across a 88 XJ 4 door with a lift and 31x10.50 MT's that are in like brand new condition... i dont know what lift it has cause there is no rubbing of these tires and there looks to be plenty of room... theres not spacers in the front or rear... no aftermarket lower control arms... and stock trac bar brackets... i guess if its a aal it goes under the rest of the pack... cause there was a thicker style leaf then what i have under my stock XJ... Its been sitting for under a year because they started to pull the tranny cause they though something was wrong with it... turned out to be a sensor and he lost the bolts to bolt the trans to the motor... that and the starter needs installed... everything else is still attached... so not alot of work there (why they started with the main bolts i have no idea)... anyways any ideas what lift this would be? Theres no coild spacers up front either... The xj only has 95,000 miles on it (even)... its got a PS leak and a front seal leak which are easy enough to fix... what im wanting to do is buy it and swap the tires, suspension, and wheels onto my XJ and then take mine and put it on this one... get it running and sell it... he wants $1,000 for it... running and cleaned up i could probly sell it down here to someone for probly around $1500... deff with my 31in AT's ( and alittle trimming like mine now)... and low miles... so im gunning for making money on the sell and getting a lift and tires for mine... the questions is would you guys do it? think its worth the work involved for this style lift? like i said the tires were probly installed a week before they parked it or something... oh and it DOES come with another tranny they already got from a reputable local salvage yard... So i could sell it also... im just not sure if its worth the work in swapping lifts (alignments and stuff noted)... tell me what you guys would do... oh and i also got my front bumper finished (well mostly... still want to tie into swaybar mounts)... check it out...

nice bumper
Old 09-06-2009, 10:50 PM
MJ>XJ

Thanks yas! it was built for a 79 power wagon and i got it for free... so i cut it down to size moved the mounts around and there has it!... come on guys... yall think its worth it? yall are pretty much my deciding factor here... also i have to rebuild my injectors on my cummins ($1,200) so the money after selling the other jeep would be what pays for that... or i could fix it now and not get the jeep... make sense? thats the only reason im not spending the $1,000 on a new larger lift cause in that case i wouldnt get it back... in the case of buying the 88 XJ i would be getting it back when i sell it... any thoughts or anything would really be helpful!

Last edited by huntingman2706217; 09-06-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Registered Users

Thanks yas! it was built for a 79 power wagon and i got it for free... so i cut it down to size moved the mounts around and there has it!... come on guys... yall think its worth it? yall are pretty much my deciding factor here... also i have to rebuild my injectors on my cummins ($1,200) so the money after selling the other jeep would be what pays for that... or i could fix it now and not get the jeep... make sence? thats the only reason im not spending the $1,000 on a new larger lift cause in that case i wouldnt get it back... in the case of buying the 88 XJ i would be getting it back when i sell it... any thoughts or anything would really be helpful!

buy it make money, learn something, have some fun, then do your lift
Old 09-06-2009, 11:01 PM
MJ>XJ

wait you confused me... but actually what you said made me think of another way? i dont know if you ment it this way or not but i could buy it... get it running... swap the tires around since there the same size but better (mine are good just AT's)... then sell it with the lift and all... make some money... use that money to buy a better new lift! hhmm... this is a better idea... with the lift still on the 88 and with it running with low miles like its got im bound to sell it for even more maybe... hhmm... let me think this one threw... like i said not sure if you ment it this way but it sparked a new idea so thanks!
Old 09-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Registered Users

wait you confused me... but actually what you said made me think of another way? i dont know if you ment it this way or not but i could buy it... get it running... swap the tires around since there the same size but better (mine are good just AT's)... then sell it with the lift and all... make some money... use that money to buy a better new lift! hhmm... this is a better idea... with the lift still on the 88 and with it running with low miles like its got im bound to sell it for even more maybe... hhmm... let me think this one threw... like i said not sure if you ment it this way but it sparked a new idea so thanks!

Yes lol thats exactly what i meant
Old 09-06-2009, 11:11 PM
MJ>XJ

any idea on what a lifted (im guessing 3in) 88 4 door XJ would bring with only 95k? im gonna KBB it and NADA it... NOT knowing that its not a very good lift... lol... most people here in GA dont care what kinda lift it has as long as its lifted! lol... theres a guy on the other side of town selling a cheroke cheif that the back springs are straight flat and has coil spacers... beat all up... 91 model... asking like 3 freakin grand... i think thats a stupid price but someone who doesnt know the suspensions junk wouldnt even care... it was on 31in MT's... and it was lifted lol
Old 09-06-2009, 11:16 PM
MJ>XJ

maybe ill swap shocks too... it had ranchos... then i can keep the new ones as backups for another day... lol
Old 09-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Registered Users

any idea on what a lifted (im guessing 3in) 88 4 door XJ would bring with only 95k? im gonna KBB it and NADA it... NOT knowing that its not a very good lift... lol... most people here in GA dont care what kinda lift it has as long as its lifted! lol... theres a guy on the other side of town selling a cheroke cheif that the back springs are straight flat and has coil spacers... beat all up... 91 model... asking like 3 freakin grand... i think thats a stupid price but someone who doesnt know the suspensions junk wouldnt even care... it was on 31in MT's... and it was lifted lol
id pay 2000
Old 09-06-2009, 11:36 PM
MJ>XJ

i was thinking like 1700 or so... but 2 would be nice... lol... thats a good lift! lol

2 to 2 and a half is nada and kbbs price... so thats making me think its still a good deal... lol

Last edited by huntingman2706217; 09-06-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:56 PM

naw dogg dont do it, it aint worth it. there isnt even a lift i bet. and never believe it is just a sensor trust me. offer him $300. that bumper looks like anus.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:57 PM

and those tires are balder than fester adams.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:16 AM
MJ>XJ

Last edited by huntingman2706217; 09-07-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:25 AM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by Six-Pack Smile
naw dogg dont do it, it aint worth it. there isnt even a lift i bet. and never believe it is just a sensor trust me. offer him $300. that bumper looks like anus.

Back off.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:49 AM
Registered Users

and your a @@@...
hey delete this post or your going to get flagged, i agree this guy is but dont get yourself in trouble

Last edited by nick_n_ii; 09-07-2009 at 01:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Would you do it? and done with the front bumper!