Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Where do I plug this connector?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 09:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Where do I plug this connector?

99 Jeep Cherokee Sport

I'm replacing the wires in the driver door wire harness. On one end I have three white connectors that plug inside the car. On the other end I have two blue/gray connectors that plug into the switch panel in the door, one red connector that is for the mirror, one small black connector for the speaker, and on small black connector, purpose unknown. I can't find anywhere to plug it in. What is it for?

Does anyone have a diagram for the connectors that shows the wire colors? I think it's called a Pin Out. Not sure about that. Thanks.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

I have the same connector inside my front doors. I think it is for the tweeter that mounts to the inside door. It is part of the infinity sound system.

Old 10-30-2017, 11:03 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dans98xj
I have the same connector inside my front doors. I think it is for the tweeter that mounts to the inside door. It is part of the infinity sound system.
+1

That's what it sounds like. Found mine this weekend as I took the regulator out.