Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

where can i hide a subwoofer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default where can i hide a subwoofer?

i need to find a way to hide a sub in my xj. i currently have no backseats and i built a box for a 10" sub that sits on top of the trans tunnel just behind the center console. sounds great, thing is, i wanna put the back seats back in and the box is in the way. i could modify the box the accommodate the seat, but as i recall, the bench folds down and forward and i would like to retain that feature.

i see that most people stash a sub in the small cubby in the corner of the trunk, which leads me to the next problem, i chopped the back off. i am not against putting a sub in that corner, but it would be exposed to the elements (i would use a marine sub) plus i would not hear it when i put the back cover on.

any ideas where else to stuff a 10" sub and amp? i am not objected to modifying anything to squeeze them in.
Attached Thumbnails where can i hide a subwoofer?-imag0060.jpg  
Old 08-24-2011, 01:29 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0HO

console? the cubby in the cargo area... what ever you put in make sure it is weather safe/proof