Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

wheels locked up 93 xj

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 01:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default wheels locked up 93 xj

First let me start off by saying this is my first post. I was involved in a fender bender. When I drove away I heard clicking and my brakes would go to the floor. I figured that my brakes were finished and needed repair. So I drove it home. I backed in and left it for a couple days. I had another vechile so I decided not to fix it right away. I needed to fix my parking job to fit another car next to me. As I was reversing I noticed the steering wheel was locked up. I was unable to straighten the tires out. I called a friend of a friend and he came out while I was at work and fixed the problem. The guy is no longer reachable so I don't know what he did. I heard that he took my front driver side tire off and banged against something and fixed the problem. The wheels now turn. I purchased brake pads, rotors and calipers and I'm worried when I take it to a shop to have them install them it will be a problem that will cost more money than I have to fix. evidently something isn't right and to avoid further damage to the vehicle I should get it fixed. I have about a grand saved up for this but i would like to save every penny i can. I am unsure of the problem that caused the wheels to lock up. I don't know much about cars but Winters coming up and I will be in desperate need of 4wd. If anybody could drop some knowledge on what they think the problem is and a guess as to the cost of the repair it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by B.Samuel; 10-12-2014 at 01:52 AM.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:40 AM
Banned

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0

Your steering locked up or your brakes locked up? If its your brakes, then your abs probably is causing it to lock up. If its your steering then I can't help you
Old 10-12-2014, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was the steering.