Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

what should i do next? so many choices!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1988
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default what should i do next? so many choices!

i have numerous problems with my xj, none are life threatening but all are annoying.
- roof light bar with 4 lights: i already have some lights on my bumper, but they aren't nearly bright enough for what i want (making night time into day time. and also blinding people in parking lots when they wont shut off their light while theyre parked)
- HID headlights: well my stock head lights are stupidly dim so im gunna upgrade to HIDs
- leaf springs: i have little to no leaf "springy-ness" left so the back sags like 3 inches (plus i have a nice heavy toolbox that id like to mount in my truck but weighs too much to leave in there with no springs) gunna cost me 300 to replace it all
- brakes: they aren't bad, but they aren't that great either. idk if its my jeep but it doesnt exactly start braking until 1/2-3/4 of the way depressed. also if im on sand or water on pavement my rear wheels lock up occasionally sometimes without even slamming on them.
- sound system: still have 2 stock speakers in the doors and 2 ford "premium" speakers in the tailgate, all of which are pretty much blown. i have subs but no amp to wire it up.
-custom bumpers/tow-points: i want custom front and rear bumpers with tow-points of some kind of tow points period since i ripped off my tow packages (yes, ripped it off...like ripped 3 bolts out of the frame and the 4th held it on until i got home.)

anyone have any suggestions for builds? or anyone just wanna shoot the **** cause im quite bored as well