Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

What kind of front lower control arm bushings should I get - and where?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face What kind of front lower control arm bushings should I get - and where?

I just got some very cool, very strong from lower control arms from the junkyard. I'm not sure of the brand, but they are the tubular heavy-duty type.

The bushings that were in them were trashed and I want to install good parts any time I am putting something new (or new to me) on the Jeep. (I have already stripped them down to bare metal and I'm thinking about powder coating them, but that's for another thread.)

I've seen the complete kits, but I'm sort of doing things piece-by-piece to keep my budget reasonable wherever possible. I'm going to be investing in a lift kit soon and I've seen some of those come with some of the bushings, so I don't want to buy more of something than I need.

What kind should I get and what's the best place to get them?

Also: Are there any pro tips I need to know when I go to replace these or any other maintenance tasks I should do while I'm doing this?
Old 07-29-2013, 09:41 PM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Model: Cherokee

http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.co...assis/Prothane