Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

what to do first

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default what to do first

hi from kansas

new to the forum, and have spent a good amount of time looking around and havent really found what exacatly what i was looking for, maybe just missing it, but feel i cant be the first person asking.

i have a 92 cherokee with a 4.0 and 5 speed, just overhauled the engine. it is my daily driver and and tow vehicle for a small teardrop camping trailer. would like to do some off roading nothing crazy as it is my daily driver. and was wondering what is the week point, or what should be my first upgrade. would like to lift it, and i am in process of building a rear bumper to move spare out of passenger compartment. do load my canoe on top for when we go camping at the lake.

like i said if it was you what should i address first. as im sure everybody else money not falling out of pockets around here.

thanks in advance paul
Old 09-30-2009, 03:50 PM
CF Veteran

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 89
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

This is one of those that you will get alot of different opinions,mine would be a small 2" lift kit with some decent at tires,and I would put quality springs in the rear to help with the stability while towing.