Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

warped flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 01:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default warped flywheel

so it looks like i warped the flywheel in my jeep. The jeep shakes while letting off the clutch sometimes. my mechanic said i warped the flywheel so that's what i'm going with.

my question here is how did i do it? this is my first standard so i learned to drive stick shift in it so i'm guessing that could have contributed to it but i was always careful not to rev the engine over 1000 rpm while letting off the clutch. my only guess is that while my brother was teaching me to drive it he taught me to downshift while slowing down to help slow down. never did any towing either

im eventually going to have to replace the flywheel and when i do i want to make sure i avoid doing the same damage again. putting off replacing it as long as i can because my clutch has less than 7500 miles on it and im probably goin to replace it if ive damaged it too far learning to drive it so i dont have to do this all over again later down the road.

also can anyone recommend a good strong replacement or will any stock one work just the same. and if anyone can help by giving some expert advice on driving stick shift i still consider myself an amateur at it and will take any advice
thanks all