Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Upholstery needs

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default Upholstery needs

I'm in need of a source for stock style Jeep seat cover upholstery. I have a leather Limited interior in mine but the seats are pretty dried out. I would like to replace the covers with the cloth style ones, both front and rear. This is the tan interior.

Thanks in advance guys!
Old 08-30-2018, 02:56 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1,530 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Year: 2000

Originally Posted by larry Koz
I'm in need of a source for stock style Jeep seat cover upholstery. I have a leather Limited interior in mine but the seats are pretty dried out. I would like to replace the covers with the cloth style ones, both front and rear. This is the tan interior.

Thanks in advance guys!
Wish you well on that. I have the Camel leather interior in my '00 and wish I could get my hands on some front seat factory covers with heat redo mine. Best chance would be finding some cloth removable headrest seats on Craigslist and either do a direct swap or take the covers off and put them on yours. Replacing the covers themselves is pretty straight forward. I know this is not what you are looking for but have you just considered some seat covers? I don't know if Coverking makes a cloth one but I put these Rhinohides on mine in black. Gotta tell ya. Could not be happier with them. They are pricey. I got them a couple years ago during the holidays at the first link. On sale and I had a promo code. Front and backs ran me $320. Believe it or not that was a good deal too. You can request swatches from Coverking if you see something you like at their website. Couple shots for you.

https://www.autoanything.com/seat-co...de-seat-covers

https://www.coverking.com/

https://www.coverking.com/order_swatches

Last edited by Ralph77; 08-30-2018 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice looking covers. If I need to I may just have the loose stitching and the like repaired on mine and feed the leather a few times. I do like the way the cloth centers look and I'm sure a good upholstery shop could put the centers in my seats, which are actually pretty nice..

Thanks for the reply. Those covers do look decent.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:19 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by larry Koz
Nice looking covers. If I need to I may just have the loose stitching and the like repaired on mine and feed the leather a few times. I do like the way the cloth centers look and I'm sure a good upholstery shop could put the centers in my seats, which are actually pretty nice..

Thanks for the reply. Those covers do look decent.
Hey as my buddy would say. Anything can fixed. You just need to pay for it. I have an upholstery guy. Never even bothered to ask him the price. Figured it would be through the roof. And if I did have them done would have bought those seat covers anyway to protect my investment. LOL.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:07 AM
CF Veteran

No idea where you are or what year your XJ is but I found this:

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pt...681694026.html

Now this is a '99. The "tan" is different between years. '97 and '98 is referred to as Saddle. '99 and up is Camel. They do differ.