Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Turn Signal Weirdness

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Exclamation Turn Signal Weirdness

I recently replaced my Heater Core before the start of the winter season and now i have a weird issue where i must keep my dash or cluster lights turned all the way down or my blinkers will not flash. If i turn the dimmer up even the slightest my turn signals light up and stay solid like running lights but do not flash and my turn signal and sound goes away on the dash. I have replaced the headlight switch, turn signal switch and flashers. i have check all my fuses and wires under my dash(that i am aware of). Its important to note that i have LED lights and they are a simple plug go design and I have had them for a while but have just now started experiencing this issue. And in replacing my flashers i used LED flashers. Another important note is before replacing the flasher behind the glove compartment my turn signals did not work at all but now they work with the dimmers turned all the way down. Would love to figure this out as it is a pain in the *** driving at night and not speeding. I will reward whoever solves this for me with an electronic payment.

1997 jeep Cherokee sport 4.0L 177000 miles