Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

That's my Story, and I'm sticking to it!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 07:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default That's my Story, and I'm sticking to it!

So, I figured I've posted enough question on here, and you guys have been more then helpful. So, here is what has been going on with my XJ. First off, I bought this '94 XJ last July, and I had never owned a jeep before. But, now I don't think I'll ever own anything else. But, my '94 XJ had 180,XXX miles on it when I bought it for $1000. 2WD, 5-speed, 4 door.

I put a Zone Offroad 3" AAL kit in it, and did a few mods: 99+ intake, bored out TB (63mm), CAI, gone doorless, bedlined the bottom 1/4 all the way around, quick disconnect sway bar links, nerf bars, tinted windows, and most important cup holder.

Recently a buddy of mine and myself bought a '96 XJ that was missing the motor, and seats, for $150. Only had 115,XXX miles on her, almost felt bad cutting her all up! So, I'm useing the entire drive line from that to convet mine into 4WD.

So far so good, we managed to install the front axle (D30 HP) in 2 hours! Not to bad I thought.

This coming Monday, we'll being doing the rear axle, which is a Crysler 8.25, 29 spline. and the double diaphram brake booster.

I believe that it's gearing is 3.07, which may cause problems down the road.

The follow weekend we well be finishing her off, with the AX-15 tranny, and I believe that it's the NP231 T-case. (command trac?)

After that we will be fabbing up some custom lower control arms, (Maybe a 3-link?)

Have been looking to sell my 215/75/15 Geaneral Grabber AT's for a good set of 31's.

I currently need this XJ for my DD, I kinda like the idea of being safe and able to drive at highway speeds, but when you want just pull the sway bar link pin's, and off the road we go. I'm going to keep it as a DD, and just make it flex sick when I'm going through the rocks.

Just wanted to give an update, I'll keep you all posted as I go.

Peace,
J
Old 08-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

good luck

I think I would have just put motor, seats and lift in 4wd XJ, but thats just me.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Caracticus Potts The Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Model: Grand Cherokee

Originally Posted by Long Island XJ
good luck

I think I would have just put motor, seats and lift in 4wd XJ, but thats just me.
Me Too. But what the heck, theres no adventure in that.