Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Rusty's lift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 07:45 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998 XJ
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Rusty's lift Kit

I have purchased the 4.5" spring pack lift (not AAL) from rustys off road. can people give me there personnal opinion and experience on this lift. i have not heard many good things about it. And would you recommend it
TIA
Old 07-17-2009, 08:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0

i have not personally had any experience with it my one friend has their 3 inch kit and he seems to like it but some hate them seems like you either like it or you dont depends on what ypou want to do with your rig if your into extreme stuff chances your not going to like it from what i hear they wear out rather fast
Old 07-17-2009, 08:38 AM
CF Veteran

Yea thats what i have heard is that they wear out fast. nothing hardcore bc down here in the pan handle of florida, we dont have to many hills of any kind.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:52 AM
CF Veteran

I had his 3" lift. Ran it for a year and sold it. That guy is still running it 3 years later and said there is no sag. I have his 6.5" leafs and 8.5" coils and they are just now starting to settle in...1.5 years later.

Everyone had a different opinion and experiences. I have never had one bad experience. Hell, I bought a used Rusty's track bar off someone a few years back...ran it for a year or so and broke it. Called him up and talked with him. He said send it to him and he will take a look at it. I guess the track bar had been an earlier model he had produced and had switched to a heavier duty one since. A week later I had a brand new track bar for the price of shipping him one. But like I said, everyone has had different experiences.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:17 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by OnlyInMyXJ22
I had his 3" lift. Ran it for a year and sold it. That guy is still running it 3 years later and said there is no sag. I have his 6.5" leafs and 8.5" coils and they are just now starting to settle in...1.5 years later.

Everyone had a different opinion and experiences. I have never had one bad experience. Hell, I bought a used Rusty's track bar off someone a few years back...ran it for a year or so and broke it. Called him up and talked with him. He said send it to him and he will take a look at it. I guess the track bar had been an earlier model he had produced and had switched to a heavier duty one since. A week later I had a brand new track bar for the price of shipping him one. But like I said, everyone has had different experiences.

yea thanks, you know when you pay a lot of money for something then after its been delivered to the house you start hearing negative things about that companies lift kits. i just needed to get everyones opinion. Thats not a good feeling
Old 07-17-2009, 11:14 AM

Year: 01
Engine: 4.0

I had a 5 inch on my 99 it worked good for flex i had quick discos also even rode good on the streets had 33 12.50 15's under her to
Old 07-17-2009, 01:55 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 01
Engine: 4.0L I6

i think their lift kits are ok, but i have seen/heard nothing but bad about his steering components.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:29 PM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L w/ AFE stage 2, bored TB

I like his lift coils. Im running the 6.5" ones. As well as shackles I believe are made by them.

Ive heard his suspension is made from the same people that make RE's coils/leafs. So thats good to know.

Id be happy with your purchase. If youre not call him and see what yall can figure out. Rustys a nice guy to work with. I know a few of his close friends and if hes anything like them hes a jam-up guy to say the least...
Old 07-17-2009, 02:37 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by MasterShakeXJ
i think their lift kits are ok, but i have seen/heard nothing but bad about his steering components.
Originally Posted by broncofire75
I like his lift coils. Im running the 6.5" ones. As well as shackles I believe are made by them.

Ive heard his suspension is made from the same people that make RE's coils/leafs. So thats good to know.

Id be happy with your purchase. If youre not call him and see what yall can figure out. Rustys a nice guy to work with. I know a few of his close friends and if hes anything like them hes a jam-up guy to say the least...

Thanks Yall for the info, i will update with pics, info and my personnal opinion when i get it installed