Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Replacing hard lines and abs lines

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Replacing hard lines and abs lines

Hey I know everyone is going to have this issue at some point or another as older jeeps are just rusty and it's gonna happen. Here is some very helpful info as I spent days trying to get around this one. Instead of spending a fortune on benders, double flat kits, and brake lines here is what I have to say. This website moparpartsgiant.com has exact replacement lines, already bent and flared. They are fantastic. I called the dealership and got a partnumber and searched it and this is the first website that came up. I payed $32 for an ABS line for my passenger side. About 5ft of line. Super easy, super cheap and just great! Hope this helps everyone!
Old 06-26-2017, 12:25 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 2000 and 1998
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by cgeiss97
Hey I know everyone is going to have this issue at some point or another as older jeeps are just rusty and it's gonna happen. Here is some very helpful info as I spent days trying to get around this one. Instead of spending a fortune on benders, double flat kits, and brake lines here is what I have to say. This website moparpartsgiant.com has exact replacement lines, already bent and flared. They are fantastic. I called the dealership and got a partnumber and searched it and this is the first website that came up. I payed $32 for an ABS line for my passenger side. About 5ft of line. Super easy, super cheap and just great! Hope this helps everyone!

most bends are not tough or critical. at 6 bucks a foot ill buy at autoparts store!! sometime its easier to start with straight stuff and bend as needed to fit/get thru. ive done it on every car i owned,,,lots!
Old 06-26-2017, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by nujeepguy
most bends are not tough or critical. at 6 bucks a foot ill buy at autoparts store!! sometime its easier to start with straight stuff and bend as needed to fit/get thru. ive done it on every car i owned,,,lots!
My only problem is I don't quite have the cash for buying lines and having to flare them. With 5 ft of line and then having to go and purchase a double flare tool that really puts a damper on my pocket even tho that's what jeep stands for. Some people might have a similar problem as me and there are people such as yourself who do prefer to make their own lines. If you have the tools then why not I would do the same but I also had to meet a deadline by this weekend on my jeep so I was in a rush to do a quick cheap fix.