Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Anyone know whats going on?

Old 06-26-2017, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Anyone know whats going on?

I bought this 92 Cherokee sport 3 months ago. Ran like a champ. It has a 95 motor on it with 195k. I was just finishing a 6 hour drive from Spokane to Portland when my rpms started stuttering I let off the gas and it stalled out. Waited 15 minutes on the side of the road. Thought to myself maybe a sensor got overheated or something, started it up and it took me home about 15 minutes away no problem and took me wherever I wanted. That was two weeks ago and it gradually got worse but went entire days without a hitch. But now it won't idle at all I've cleaned the idle air control valve and completely cleaned the entire throttle body, checked the o2 sensor, there isn't one but it doesn't look like its had one for a while. My jeep is my ride to and from work, wife should be coming home from the airforce in 3 weeks, I need this figured out asap!! Any advice you can give please call or text at (509)202-0853 email me at liamgomulkiewicz@gmail.com or if you're in the Portland Vancouver area I'd be more than willing to meet up for some help from people with better knowledge.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:43 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 Litre I6

Did you check your fuel pressure with a gauge?