Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Replacement spring clamps

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Replacement spring clamps

Hello im building some beefier leafs tomorrow and was looking at what i can use for replacement spring clams, im limited on sources for parts but we just have like ace hardware homedepot and some small auto parts stores any ideas are much appreciated
Old 03-08-2010, 09:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have any place near by that does any truck spring work? If you take some precise measurement you may be able to pick them up on line. I have not looked for any, but I am sure it is possible. I picked my stuff up at a place called inland truck parts. Any place that does spring work should be able to custom bend them for you quickly. I got some for a chevy truck bent in about 15 minutes the last weekend. Make sure that you take the old one with you if you get them bent, that way they make exact copies if that is what is needed. I put together a bpack so I needed longer legs on the ubolts. The ubolts were just a little larger size that the factory ubolts but the bottom plate would still work with no adjustment. I also found them at advance auto but they had to order them and it would take 24 hours.

Hope this helps!
dp
Old 03-08-2010, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by redrunner
Have any place near by that does any truck spring work? If you take some precise measurement you may be able to pick them up on line. I have not looked for any, but I am sure it is possible. I picked my stuff up at a place called inland truck parts. Any place that does spring work should be able to custom bend them for you quickly. I got some for a chevy truck bent in about 15 minutes the last weekend. Make sure that you take the old one with you if you get them bent, that way they make exact copies if that is what is needed. I put together a bpack so I needed longer legs on the ubolts. The ubolts were just a little larger size that the factory ubolts but the bottom plate would still work with no adjustment. I also found them at advance auto but they had to order them and it would take 24 hours.

Hope this helps!
dp
Im not really sure if we have any place that does truck spring work but again you dont know til you ask, also yeah i do have an advance auto here but they usually dont carry anything
Old 03-08-2010, 09:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call Advance and see if they can get them in for you. Ours here does overnight out of KC and they are here by 9:00 the next day if you order by 6:00 the previous day. Not a bad system unless you need something right now.

Spring shop is still your best bet.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:25 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 94
Engine: 4.0L

I have a set of these in garage.. $15 shipped sound ok?

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Jeep/X...px?part=RE1480
Old 03-08-2010, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by OverlandXJ
I have a set of these in garage.. $15 shipped sound ok?

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Jeep/X...px?part=RE1480

Ooo that would be what i was looking for earlier on in the day, if i dont find something thatll work around here ( i only have tomorrow off to assemble the spring packs) i will send you a pm. but 15 shipped is an amazing deal
Old 03-09-2010, 07:29 AM

I got to thinking lastnight and im just wondering everyones 2 cents on what i wanna do, my current leafs are warped to all hell ( to PO used it to haul everything around on his farm and they definitely show) anyways i got used pack and i wanna take them both apart and cut the main leaf from the old pack and use it in the new back to beef em up, i was wondering how much of the old pack i could use and maybe the best way to go about it. also i keep thinking this will provide some lift ( im a stocker right now) so if it does i have a set of v8 zj coils laying around maybe ill swap those in with the new beefier packs if itll lift it i dont want much just beable to fit 30s maybe 31s with trim