Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Ready to buy a kit!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Ready to buy a kit!

Hey guys, I officially have the money to buy a kit. I have been comparing kits from RE, RC, BDS, Ironrock Skyjacker and Rusty's. I believe I have narrowed it down to two kits. I just need some opinions...

I'm looking at the 4.5" RE Super-Flex kit with full leaf springs and Ironrocks Critical Path 4" long arm kit with full leafs.

Both kits come out to around the same price, adding shocks to the RE kit and adding full leafs to the IR kit. I know I'll need a SYE with both kits. Pros of IR is that It's a LA kit for the same price as the RE and the RE LA upgrade is almost as much as their kit itself. However, it appears the IR kit has no trackbar. I haven't heard any bad stories yet about IR.

I know I'll be happy with either kit. I'd like your opinions, they'd really help out.

Thank you!
Old 06-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Registered Users

Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by TWXJ97
Hey guys, I officially have the money to buy a kit. I have been comparing kits from RE, RC, BDS, Ironrock Skyjacker and Rusty's. I believe I have narrowed it down to two kits. I just need some opinions...

I'm looking at the 4.5" RE Super-Flex kit with full leaf springs and Ironrocks Critical Path 4" long arm kit with full leafs.

Both kits come out to around the same price, adding shocks to the RE kit and adding full leafs to the IR kit. I know I'll need a SYE with both kits. Pros of IR is that It's a LA kit for the same price as the RE and the RE LA upgrade is almost as much as their kit itself. However, it appears the IR kit has no trackbar. I haven't heard any bad stories yet about IR.

I know I'll be happy with either kit. I'd like your opinions, they'd really help out.

Thank you!
cant go wrong with either. i have seen the IR long arm kit and it looks good. customer service there is great to. I would be putting the price of a sye in your budget. i bet you will need it.

looks like the kit does come with a trackbar
Old 06-09-2010, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by xjoffroad
looks like the kit does come with a trackbar
Isn't that the passengers LA?
Old 06-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Registered Users

Isn't that the passengers LA?
sorry mistyped that. looks like it doesnt come with a tb.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2001

I know it is not one of the 2 you narrowed it down to, but this kit is a good value and has all you need.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Brian
I know it is not one of the 2 you narrowed it down to, but this kit is a good value and has all you need.

I actually did think about the RC kit but, I wasn't sure about their quality. I read they recently updated their kits and they are supposedly better?
Old 06-10-2010, 06:22 AM

Year: 2000

Just give IRO a call. Ask to speak to a tech. I spoke with Luke a few times.They are honest from my dealing with them. Ask if you need one. When I bought my lift they saved me some money by recommending other parts. Also if you do buy IRO get a JP magazine and look for there ad. Give them the code off the ad and it will give you 10% off you first purchase. Plus IRO if lifetime warrentied.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by n_a_i_w
Just give IRO a call. Ask to speak to a tech. I spoke with Luke a few times.They are honest from my dealing with them. Ask if you need one. When I bought my lift they saved me some money by recommending other parts. Also if you do buy IRO get a JP magazine and look for there ad. Give them the code off the ad and it will give you 10% off you first purchase. Plus IRO if lifetime warrentied.
I actually did give IRO a call and I am impressed. They had no problem answering my questions and led me to the right kit. I'll definitely be buying from them and looking for that coupon in JP. I'll be buying the 5.5" Critical Path.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Registered Users

I actually did give IRO a call and I am impressed. They had no problem answering my questions and led me to the right kit. I'll definitely be buying from them and looking for that coupon in JP. I'll be buying the 5.5" Critical Path.

Thanks for the suggestion.
can i suggest something? once you get the kit, takes some pics and put them on this forum of the quality you see. once you install is let us know how it went. after you wheel it again let us know what you think about it.

IRO is somewhat new and there are not to many write ups about them and people hear are interested in first hand knowledge!
Old 06-10-2010, 06:38 PM

Did you also try and call RC? I know a couple of guys that run their LA kit and love it.......
Old 06-11-2010, 06:58 AM

Check out my post . I have more pictures of the IRO install. I will be putting up more of the lift a little later on.
By the way the Promo code in JP magazine is JP10N.
When you get the lift let me know if you have any problems. i will try to give you any tips i can.

Last edited by n_a_i_w; 06-11-2010 at 07:01 AM. Reason: add