Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Radiator issues - isolators & quick disconnect

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 06:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Radiator issues - isolators & quick disconnect

OK... so I've searched and hunted around. So if these are obvious someplace I didn't find them.

Had a slow leak from the side of the radiator.

Replacing radiator. Found out why it seem to have to much "play". NO upper mount isolators! Great

Can't seem to find what the "retailers" call them. Can they be purchased at NAPA or Advanced for example?

I have found the crown part and know I can get at 4 wheel parts but they are all the way across town. Not bad but hoped for closer.

And of course the bottom radiator quick disconnect yellow plastic clip broke AFTER getting it off and all cleaned up. Even didn't loose the o-ring or plastic sleeve. Went to re-attach with the hose and it broke in half.

It also looks to be a dealer only item. This one I might just cut the metal line and put on compression fitting with barbed adapter and run rubber hose.

Any true retail options for these?
Old 11-25-2013, 12:08 PM
kjc
CF Veteran

Year: 1993
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L Laredo

Google "radiator core support bushings" Most auto parts carry them.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:20 PM

Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L

Well just called the dealer finally. Because, unless you find the right Jeep forum post you will never find what these are called. I think the NAPA description was "Transmission Oil Cooler Line Repair Connector". Nice trying searching on a couple of those key words and see what you get. You will get nothing! Nor will you get..."people also purchased..." Stupid I.T. search programmers. ( I am an I.T. guy which makes it MORE frustrating to deal with!)

The quick disconnect is a Mopar 83504447 which at the dealer is $29. Napa sells theirs for $28 and the Dorman 800-750 (which Dorman says DOES NOT FIT ) is $12 at Summit. Might see if O'Reilly's will price match.

Probably gonna try the Dorman 800-016 and 800-013 if those leak I'm just going to cut the QD fittings off and either double flare and hose clamps or use 3/8 -1/2 compression fittings with a 3/8 barbed adapter.

The radiator isolators - 52002585 dealer (best price based on where I work) $22 EACH List was $41...uhhh heck no. Ordered Crown for $6 each ( Crown part is same part number). Thank you very much! Call your local semi-independent auto parts store ( the ONE in town that still has REAL parts guys working there). Give them the Crown number and let them do their thing. They will figure it out. NOBODY else will.

Also found out the later model XJ have a foam seal between the condenser and the radiator to maintain airflow. Always a finding something new.

I hope this helps somebody else.