Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Please help I've tried everything? electrical

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Please help I've tried everything? electrical

I have a 98 cherokee sport 4.0 automatic. I've had the typical issues with the instrument panel cleaned the connectors no problem fixed horn going off in the middle of the night again cleaned the battery terminals and grounds on the engine block to fire wall, battery to inner fender and grounds to oil dipstick problem solved. Got in the jeep today no interior dome lights, radio or instrument cluster took everything apart to clean again checked every fuse in the fuse block and every fuse and relay in the PDC under the hood. I'm I missing a fusable link or relay somewhere that is avoiding me. I don't have any troubles with my neutral saftey switch or any codes coming up. I've scoured this site and either I'm not searching correctly or to stupid to get it but I can't find anything. Please help me.
Thanks.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Caracticus Potts The Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Model: Grand Cherokee
Cool

Get access to your headlight switch, you may find that the connector is melted or that the wires for the interior lights are burned away. I believe the yellow wire is for the dome light trigger and the tan wire is your interior panel and radio.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1988
Engine: 4.0 Ltr I6

also check under your center console. there are wires in there and on mine my whole dashboard wouldnt light up.. no lights would work at all.. well under my center console my e-brake clamped a few wires and cute a few and when i connected them back together my clustor and dash lights started working. just something else you can check
Old 05-20-2010, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still haven't found the problem guess I didn't get all the details right either. I have no gauges but have gauge lights, still no dome light or power locks, radio lights but no radio. I've checked in the cener console no bad wires there. What am I missing?