Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default please help

ok all im new here so please help. i have a 2000 cherokee sport. the problem is i went out to the greenhouse with my wife to get some flowers plants veggies for garden. i went to put the windows up and all four wouldnt move. so i got home i played with the key and got them to move one at a time about a inch at a time. wow kept the rain out so. i wate a little and they move another inch. and something in the back makes a loud humming sound like in the lift gate thats the only time they will work for a second. and also my beeper wont stop beeping like the key is in the ignition but it is not. even with all 5 doors shut it dont stop beeping. and now my power door locks will only unlock and not lock. they used to work fine but started to act up after the window thing. i am totaly lost is it my ignition switch? iu removed the master door switch in drivers door to see if it was going crazy. but that didn,t help at all. totaly lost please help i un hooked the battery so the beeper dont kill it.