Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Please help

I posted something similar a short while ago but let me try again... I'm really in a jam here.

I took a part the dash to replace the AC evaporator...

NOW, when I plug in my phone to either the cig lighter or DC power source my gauges go dead, check engine, and airbag lights come on.

ALSO, the power locks don't work... In fact, when I try to lock the doors from the driver door button, it sounds like the actuators want to engage but don't quite - PLUS the horn sounds! I'm not talking the little "chirp" like when using the key fob, I mean the full-on horn... Oh, and the rear wiper engages when doing this as well.

When I try to hit the rear window defrost button the entire dash gets dim and the button does not stay engaged.

I've checked fuses but this seems more like a bad ground or crossed connection. What could I possibly have messed up by taking the plastic trim off the dash???

Please help anyone, I'm dying here and don't have a ton of time to figure this out (in school and have only a few hours during the weekends to dink around with this).

Thanks in advance!