Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Oil pressure sender units

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4L
Default Oil pressure sender units

Hi all,
Chrysler parts lists the sender unit for the '95 Cherokee as
part no. 5602 6779 sender unit for pressure gauge? and if this is so,where can I order one?... Not so easy to find in Oz.
I've located what appears to be the bit at Mdparts.com (page 6 jeep bits) part no. 1721911 sender switch...
Q: Is this a usefull alternative?.... I'm not sure... with Regards, Bonehunter in Antipodes.
Ps. Got one, cheers: I'll buy it from you.. Ps2 Check out the Gojeep site for build stuff in Oz..

Last edited by Bonehunter; 07-31-2010 at 01:31 PM. Reason: spacing
Old 07-31-2010, 09:36 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 HO
Default Not quite sure if this helps.

First determine if your instument cluster is gauges or idiot lights. Try ordering from AutoZone etc. Call and talk to a human first. There is a difference between lights and gauges for that part. So get the right one.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:02 AM

Default Sender Unit (Oil)

Hello R Cannon,
As a Marine Engineer I know the difference. Question is: Which sender unit?. there appears to be 2 types for the gauge rig : Question: Which one is for the gauge set up? and if identified, is there an after-market equivalent?. Thanks for the pointer on a supplier. Regards Bonehunter in Oz
Old 08-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Seasoned Member

Default Let me go look.

Thats why a human at a parts store helps. I just got done switching my cluster. I appologize for not looking at the box and putting that part number in my long term memory. Be right back.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Seasoned Member

Default I couldnt see it so I called AutoZone.

The part number is.....For your gauge VS 233 For idiot light VS296. What was that GT Score? Thats from auto zone. about 28 dollars. Im sure they ship. Sorry the numbers dont match the ones you gave.

Last edited by R Cannon; 08-01-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:31 PM

Default Thanks R Cannon

The part No. for Chrysler I lifted from the Factory Parts Manual page 8-810C...Item 4
I would try a human if I could find a jeep one... Mdparts.com US quotes a unit at about $US10.60 or so..Page 5 item 4 1995/ Jeep/ Cherokee
parts list... I'm not sure whether this is the one. Thanks again, I take your point on the other source... I'm now seeking, via Hong Kong, Jeep bits...They are from the suppliers to the China assembled motors for the currant Jeep lines in Asia... Rational; I'm buying bits via Alibaba ( a world trading house) through Hong kong post... which, on many Items is 'Post Free', air delivered in three days or so...how they can do it, I do not know...
Any postage from continental US is prohibative and in a loads of cases US companies will not post out of the 48 mainland states and some times not even to the other 'Colonies' like the Pacific holdings and Alaska/Canada. Stranger to the point, not even to overseas military bases...That must be a bit constraining on US jobs.... Seeing that there are nearly a thousand over-seas bases and forts.... Strange...Indeed...Letting China pick up the business...Anyway, thanks again for your help...Bonehunter in OZ... The Score? 48 to 19 I think! The All Blacks all the way... 9 to zilch...Still there's next week in Christchurch.

Last edited by Bonehunter; 08-01-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Seasoned Member

Default Good luck finding a parts store.

Some of us take it for granted. I guess i'm lucky having so many to choose from. Sorry for giving you a hard time about the GT score. Where in the heck is OZ? Im suprised those sites dont give you the application. Then again Im impressed its in english.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:53 PM

Default Geography in Antipodes

Cannon Delaware.

Beneath the Southern cross spreads a wide brown land... It is 'Oz'... The Swiftian land of the true Yahoos... It is Down-under...Antipodes... It is Australis on the Old (pre-mercator)World... Here we natter (speak) in a pidgin called 'Strine' a patois of most of the Angles world together with a load of Celtic and London patios... and unlike our British overlords and jailers... We are poets...(It's a Celtic thing)...and not bad, by half, engineers to boot... and some of our wenches admit to (not many) we Oz blokes are not half bad at telling lies, tall stories, poking fun at hubris and working vigourously for the demise of the pretentious. And roumour has it, passable in the pram (bed) and impossible to drag out of the Pacific (surfing or fishing), we managed to get a licence for the hens to take control of the lawn mower...while we fish and enjoy the eye candy of younger tail... just look, mind you, just look and recall! Regards from the bottom.. Bonehunter in Oz.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:45 AM
Seasoned Member

Default Now thats poetic.

I hope you get that part.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:22 PM

Default A bow from a Burnsian.

With gracious thanks Cannon. Have not managed that bit as of now, But problems have arisen anew... Blew a head gasket traveling north late last week, going on a winter break from the nations capital...(-3 to-5c at dawn) to a balmy 12c + at Coffs Harbour in the north of the state (NSW)...to enjoy a spot of angeling with my grand-boys...(dedicated pescatores), I shall be attempting to empty the eastern Pacific of all it's marine citizens with the time I have on my hands while I await the arrival of a used cylinder head the re-machining and so forth...meanwhile I contemplate the Waldonian in my soul... patience....P & more Patience....and take the opportunity to 'smell the blooms' of the early Antipodian spring...
After removing the the offending miscreant I found that Not paying attention to head tension is an expensive over-site... Lesson ...check or make sure the head tension is checked at service at about 10,000 Ks...the studs can stretch. Outcome ... very trying on the life shift...Regards Fellow Jeeper.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Seasoned Member

Default LOL.

If not for my XJ the marine inhabitants would be safe for this day! Fish On! Buddy.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:05 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 99
Engine: 4.0

All I can think of reading this thread is something out of a Shakespeare play, haha.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:26 PM

Engine: 4.0L

Hi

I used these guys in the UK as the listed the correct 1 pin sender for the 95 XJ.

http://www.jeepspares.com/shop/en/br.../0/35/320/1542

Stuart
Old 08-25-2010, 08:42 PM

Default With salutations and a bowing gaze...

First thanks to Stu in Old Blighty...I note and will endevour to to peruse....thanks again...
Most Cannonical..
I'm struggling with the resuscitation of the Blue Beast... It spat the dummy, as I have retaled.. and blew a head...gasket and head... Bent as a Norman long Bow. I suspect this example had been a what was the outcome of a bit of the slovenly and slack... Hmm.
Any way we are soon on the way to coves and bays of pescatorial profundity. Hey.. my friend, larriken of the 'Carreening lands' of the eastern ditch and the fields of the 'Long White Cloud'....Do leave some of the Grand Rainbows and at least a Brown or five for your brother of the Western Isle...Or I shall pour down incantations and curses on your good chariot I may even obtain one of those model things and impale the beast with voodoo pins... only of course to NOT un-road the 'land Bandit' but to wish upon it's pilot,..you, a bakers dozens of pretty maids to bed you and delay your foray on the scaly things...and give you loads of reason to contemplate the wrath of dangerous field trips..ala.. Homer's Jason and the good lads of the Argonaut. To gain rewards and avoid the pyrrhic victory one should take to heart and soul, good and wise council. Hold as dear the game, the life threatening/caroling pursuit of the water's lovely,coloured, manga beasts, and never to take seriously, in life, good brother. 'What is poked at you in fun!'..... Regards Bonehunter.

Last edited by Bonehunter; 08-25-2010 at 09:54 PM.