Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

No crank

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default No crank

Hi I have been having an intermittent problem with my 94 cherokee sport with 4 liter. Sometimes after i shut it off it will not crank, has only happened a few times in 2 months. The most recent time the dash lights would flicker on for a second and then go out and at one point it tried to start but acted like it had a dead battery. While it was doing this the dome light was dim, the seat would move like it should and then all of a sudden stop moving, the blower motor was not running at the speed it should, the headlights wouldn't turn on. After turning the headlights on I went out to see if they were on and on the way to the front of vehicle I heard the buzzing indicating headlights were on. I went in to jeep and it started. It has never died when going down the road. Before me the previous owner had installed a new junkyard steering column that doesn't appear to be from this year and a junkyard motor. It would seem to me that something is losing continuity between the battery junction block and the in dash fuse panel due to all the things going wrong at the same time, however I can wiggle the wires and not get it to act up. Any help or common problems for this would be greatly appreciated.