Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

No A/C No Heat No Air at all

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default No A/C No Heat No Air at all

Ok, so my A/C was working just without any heat. so just the other day everything stopped all together. now no air will blow out of the vents on any setting. If driving down the road air will be forced through but that's it. The compressor is not cycling either. Not sure how often it should turn on but it has not been coming on at all.

Also on another topic when it rains heavily or if i hit a bad bump my windshield wipers will come on and stay on. They will work in high and slow speed but remain on. After the car has been off they will work fine. It just getting annoying!

Ive just about had it with all these small problems and would like to do all the work my self. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited by mcoope18; 01-24-2014 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:08 PM
CF Veteran

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Year: My Jeep is a GMC

Originally Posted by mcoope18
Ok, so my A/C was working just without any heat. so just the other day everything stopped all together. now no air will blow out of the vents on any setting. If driving down the road air will be forced through but that's it. The compressor is not cycling either. Not sure how often it should turn on but it has not been coming on at all.

Also on another topic when it rains heavily or if i hit a bad bump my windshield wipers will come on and stay on. They will work in high and slow speed but remain on. After the car has been off they will work fine. It just getting annoying!

Ive just about had it with all these small problems and would like to do all the work my self. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
^
Are you discussing problems with some type of Jeep or is it a Kenworth tractor trailer truck? Most peeps state "I have a (year) (vehicle)", since we are not speaking face to face, and I don't know you personally. BTW, A/C without heat (cold) is usually a good thing.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:02 PM

being a jeep cherokee forum i thought that went without saying but it is a 2001 jeep cherokee sport
Old 01-24-2014, 07:27 PM
CF Veteran

Is best to never assume anything over the interwebz, all Cherokees built from 1983 - 2001 are not the same. Having said that, what voltage do you have @ the blower motor?

Last edited by Turbo X_J; 01-24-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo X_J
Is best to never assume anything over the interwebz, all Cherokees built from 1983 - 2001 are not the same. Having said that, what voltage do you have @ the blower motor?
I dont have a volt meter unfortunately
Old 01-24-2014, 07:55 PM
CF Veteran

I dont have a volt meter unfortunately
I guess that would be the first place to start. Second option is to just replace everything until you fix it.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:02 AM
CF Veteran

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Concerning your AC/Heat problem:

Remove and visually check the following fuses to see if they are blown.

Fuse 25 in the Junction Block in the passenger footwell fuse panel, and fuse 6 in the Power Distribution Center in the engine bay.

Power Distribution Center - Fuse marked "HVAC BLOWER".

Name:  jpgPDC2000_2001.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  121.4 KB

Junction Block:

Name:  99XJJunctionBlock.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  78.1 KB

Digital Volt/Ohm meters can be purchased at Harbor Freight. You'll need one.