Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Mystery wire connector any help appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 03:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Mystery wire connector any help appreciated

Hey guys im completly new to this site but ive owned a 89' cherokee for a couple months now and i love it, but while i was in the middle of showing off to my buddies i kinda threw a rod straight the the block so i started tearing things down and got the engine out, i took extra caution at unplugging everything or so i thought when i removed the engine i noticed that there was two wire connectors that run out from the transmission and plug into the other connectors near the firewall, but one of the connectors must have gotten caught some how because the ends are ripped and i cannot find where they plugged into the first place im assuming the transmission but im not sure so heres a picture of the plug, it has 8 plugs but only uses 6 of them its labeled abcdefgh and the wires are what looks to be, A-yellow, B-grey with yellow stripe, C-black, D- plug not used, E-brown with white stripe, F-plug not used, G- grey with white stripe, H-green with white stripe. I assume it runs to or has something to do with the transmission cause it was running towards that area, any info on anything really would be greatly appreciated, Thanks for your help
Attached Thumbnails Mystery wire connector any help appreciated-unknow-connector.jpg   Mystery wire connector any help appreciated-unknown-connector.jpg  
Old 10-10-2012, 06:07 AM
MJ>XJ

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0 I6

Guess its a automatic... There I a plug behind the bracket on the driver side... The bracket for the 4x4 linkage... That one gets missed a lot... Other then that is the pass side where its all easily seen...
Old 10-11-2012, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee

okay well i found out that it runs to the "range selector" i belive is what its called, and there is wires still left on the sensor so i might see if i can solder them. But my question is how do i remove the sensor I took of the large "retaining" nut and the bolt on the top but it still dosnt want to come off?