Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

To mods and members

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 03:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default To mods and members

Just wanted to take a minute here to thank all for making this place what it is.

I'm 51 years old and not a mechanic by trade. I have been wrenching on things (bicycles, motorcycles, snowmobiles, boats, cars, trucks, airplanes (4 years in USAF on fighters), jetskis, yard equipment, basically you name it) since I was about 10 or 12. I'm not bragging, it's just the way it's been. This has been partly out of necessity (don't like paying others) and partly because I just enjoy it.

A good many of you probably don't remember what it was like pre-internet, and possibly others weren't doing this kind of thing 10 years ago.

I gotta say, forums just like this one have revoluntionized shade tree mechanics. Back in the day you would figure out various problems and eventually find "The big fix", but it would take a lot longer. Documentation was extremely limited and at times there just wasn't any. Fabbing your own parts also came into play.

I've learned a ton of information regarding these vehicles in a very short amount of time thanks to all of you that share your information. It's real nice knowing the potential pitfalls and repairs for those pitfalls prior to taking on a job, rather than trying to react to it after the fact.

Information is at our fingertips now and I for one am really pleased with that..... Looking forward to lots more reading and learning.

Thanks

Dan

Last edited by danimal; 11-08-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:36 PM
I like it in the dirt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2003
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by danimal
Just wanted to take a minute here to thank all for making this place what it is. ....

I've learned a ton of information regarding these vehicles in a very short amount of time thanks to all of you that share your information. It's real nice knowing the potential pitfalls and repairs for those pitfalls prior to taking on a job, rather than trying to react to it after the fact.

Information is at our fingertips now and I for one am really pleased with that..... Looking forward to lots more reading and learning.

Thanks

Dan
x2!
Old 11-08-2009, 04:44 PM
CF Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L

We all members and mods alike do our best to help each other out.

And you'll find that it's you as a member here that makes this place what it is..

The members are the most importain part of this site..