Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Manuel Tranny Front Seal Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 10:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L Rebuilt Renix "Low Output" haha
Default Manuel Tranny Front Seal Replacement

I have a Peugeot BA10/15 or whatever that pathetic excuse of a tranny is, and the front seal started leaking... I swear my jeep just laughs at me. 1st. my engine leaked oil like crazy, rebuilt it, fixed that oil leak, next my power steering pump started leaking like crazy, so i finally got that fixed, and it was leak free for about a day, then i look under my jeep and there is a huge puddle of oil from my transmission!!! Freak, its just never ending with these jeeps haha! Anyway, i know that the Tranny is a piece of junk, but i don't have the money to replace it just yet with an AX-15, so i just need to get by for a year or two until i have the mulah to replace it. Now i know i am going to have to pull the tranny, which isn't a problem because the bolts have all ready been taken off (when i rebuilt it) and i have a car lift, and shop to do it in, so getting it out isn't the problem. i was just wondering what all i needed to do to replace the front seal, and how to do it. Any ideas? Thanks forum.