Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

looking for info on gauge sending units

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L H.O.
Default looking for info on gauge sending units

well seeing as how my new to me jeep is dealing with an overheating problem(shocking i know!), i've decided that now would be a great time to do the cluster swap. i have some questions.
1)is there a specific model i have to look up at the usual big chain stores to get the senders? maybe part numbers? i don't feel like going in the store and waiting for 15 minutes while the girl working the counter looks for the wrong part and then tells me its a dealer item(actually happened, i'll tell you later).
2)is there a huge price difference between the chains and the local dealer? because it would be so much easier the walk into the local jeep dealer and tell him what i want.
3)i have a 95 with the 4.0L HO. in researching for the swap, i have seen mentioned a white backing or blue backing depending on HO or not. is this something i need to look for, or is this just because the HO has a higher redline on the tach or something?
thanks for the help, i hope i can make this xj something great i can take my new family camping in next year. i'd like to show up all my wifes friends with their explorers and pilots.