Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Let the fun begin, bought a 2000 XJ classic

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 09:31 AM
AVR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Let the fun begin, bought a 2000 XJ classic

Hey all,

I bought a very nice 2000 jeep Cherokee classic last night and am very happy about the purchase! my new Daily Driver!

Auto
4.0L I6
2 wheel drive
white
4 door
107k miles
newer tires (stock size)
new battery
full tune up in 2008

For the most part this jeep is in really good condition. The AC blower fan is not working, i read real quick about it probably being the motor, but are there relays or fuses i can check? How do I know for sure? The guy said he got a junkyard used blower motor a few years back and installed it. looks like he clipped the power plug and spliced it to an older version??? is this possible?

When I turn the AC on, and I am driving I can feel very cold air coming out of the vents, but it is hardly coming out at all, even on full blast.

Also when I have the AC on, there is a switch or vacuum that turns on, and then like 3 seconds later shuts off for like 5 seconds, and it keeps repeating... what is this? low freon?

the drivers side master window control does not let me put the passenger window down.. but it lets me put it up?? odd...

I am thrilled, it is a Florida jeep, NO RUST, and i got it for $1,700. clean title. it does have some body damage on the driver side, some lady side swiped it, so the bottom of both doors, and the bottom side panel are damaged and dented. This doesnt affect driveability, but I would like to fix it down the road... other wise, it has been garage kept, and the paint is in amazing condition!

Hello all, and I am looking forward to being part of this nice community.

Any help is appreciated on the AC issue..

I will try to post pics tonight when I get home.