Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

LCA Bracket saga continues

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 08:18 AM

Location: Quantico, VA and West Chester, PA soon to be Pensacola, FL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 L 6 Cyl.
Default LCA Bracket saga continues

A year ago I bent the bracket for my passenger side LCA. I've been driving it fine as it isn't hurting anything, but now I want to finally put my lift in and I gotta get this fixed. So...I bring it in to this place in NOVA around Quantico va and I leave It over night. I've been quoted at places for around 200-400, so I'm thinking I've go the brackets for them, I've got the new control arms, I should just be labor costs. Well I get a call this morning from the guy and he starts explaining how he says he can't/won't put these brackets on for me. His reason was that my axle will explode if he welds them on. Now I've read a million and a half of you guys replacing these crappy stock brackets and not once have I read of the elusive exploding axle tube. I think this guy is two things, 1 is another name for a cat, and the other is another name for a female dog. Can anyone help me out with some guidance on these bracket jobs. I've got a guy who will do it for 200$ down in fredricksberg, va but its gonna be a few weeks and I was just Trynna speed things up. Thanks gentlemen and gentlewomen.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l

I think he knows his abilities as a welder. I would get it out of there as fast as possible.