Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

just did my heatercor and now having issues (plz help its cold up north)

Old 12-16-2010, 12:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Default just did my heatercor and now having issues (plz help its cold up north)

hey everyone i just did my heatercore in my 2000 xj now all of a suddin i dont have heat just warm air.....heat worked fine up untill about 3:00 today when i lowered it from max to min any ideas....i think its a vaccume leak but im not shure where to look first

and for the real brave since i pulled my dash out i now have no turn signals/hazards interior lights doorlocks or cig lighters() and my rear wiper rear defrost stay on at all times any ideas....(all the stuff that dont work will work after about 2 hours of driving the xj i hear a hum coming from the fuze box inside the cabbin than it all turns on)

thank you verry much, mike
Old 12-16-2010, 12:47 AM

all help is greatly app.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1989
Engine: 4.7 Stroker I6

I dont know much about the heat, having my own issues, but...

Pulling the dash out and having those results is likely a shorted main and possibly other things, thats alot of things at once...

You'll want to inspect all the wires visually, especially grounds, shake things around and see if you get flakiness.

When i got my jeep the front blinkers didnt flash at all and when you had clicked it for a right turn they both lit up, it was the grounds. Still though if I shake the wires under the driver dash my hazers come on sometimes and my dash lights cut out.... BUT NEVER WHILE DRIVING, I have to really shake things up, so I havent traced it down.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:29 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0

When you say you adjusted it from max to min... are you referring to the fan speed or the actual heat/cold adjustment?? If it is the heat/cold adjustment then I would say you may have an issue with your blend doors.... or maybe since you are having issues with other stuff, maybe there is something binding the adjustment of said doors, that might have gotten pushed into the wrong place when you put your dash back together...

As far as the random stuff working or not working and humming... I would def. start checking wiring, or even better pull the dash back down, and check everything... and then keep an eye on stuff as you put it all back together slowly... or you may end up with no Cherokee when it catches on fire due to the "hum"...
Old 12-16-2010, 10:18 AM

its the temp gadge not the fan speed and how would i go about checking the blend doors?