Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

JKS Rear Shock Mount

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 01:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKS Rear Shock Mount

So I've already broke one of the rear lower shock mount bolts. Well, I broke the other one last night. I've been sitting on these rear Fox shocks for about a month now and just wanted to install em. When I put my lift on 4 years ago. The top treads stripped out and I had to use nut and bolt. Pain in the motha Fing anus to get bolts in that small space. So I'm trying to me up solutions.
So this is what I've come up with. Lookin to see if any of you have worked with this setup at all. Get some feed back. I'm currently unemployed, but I figure do it right the first time. This seems bomb proof. Also makes future work easier and less hassle.
The links are provided below.

1) http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/me...ory_Code=Shock

2) http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/me..._Code=FABParts
Old 08-16-2010, 02:09 PM
"CF Moderator"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: l6 HO

[QUOTE=07Negative;638496]So I've already broke one of the rear lower shock mount bolts. Well, I broke the other one last night. I've been sitting on these rear Fox shocks for about a month now and just wanted to install em. When I put my lift on 4 years ago. The top treads stripped out and I had to use nut and bolt. Pain in the motha Fing anus to get bolts in that small space. So I'm trying to me up solutions.
So this is what I've come up with. Lookin to see if any of you have worked with this setup at all. Get some feed back. I'm currently unemployed, but I figure do it right the first time. This seems bomb proof. Also makes future work easier and less hassle.
The links are provided below.

Just air hammer them out if you have one, if not a BFH will take longer but it will work. We did mine (I broke all 4) in 30 minutes with an air hammer then used a nut and bolt...Tj
Old 08-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Banned

My main issue is that one lower bolt that's connected to the axle. That is welded on. i broke the 2nd one last night.
As for the 2 top ones per side. I've already got nut and bolts on em. It's just a pain the rear end to have to do any kind of servicing or tightening.
So that's why I was kicking around that ideal of the JKS stuff. It's a few coins to get them. But for the long run I was thinking it would be easier.
I'm also questioning JKS theory on the angle of the shock position. Where they state being at a angle is better for wheeling and driving comfort.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:36 PM
"CF Moderator"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1994
Engine: l6 HO

The bottom axle mount looks good to me. Don't know about the top but there are some old timer experts on here who should be able to help you a bit better...Tj
Old 09-07-2010, 09:23 PM

Year: 97
Engine: -----6

Have any of you used the Rear JKS bar pin adapters? (for the upper mount) I'm buying fox shocks and am trying to figure out the best way to attach them.

Not trying to hijack.

I like the cross over mount.... But I don't like loosing that much travel. Look underneath your jeep and then imagine an extra 2" down from that. I just don't want to give that up. I know they mount at an angle but still.

What is the diameter of the shaft on the lower rear mounts? I'm trying to figure out what size of bushings to get. I believe its 5/8.