Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

jeep starter wire/connector

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 6 Cylinder
Default jeep starter wire/connector

.Hi all, sorry if this is the wrong place to post etc. Anyway, my starter was going so I had it replaced (I have 99 jeep cherokee sport)...I was going to do myself (although I'm not the most mechanically savvy) but I didn't have the right tools so I asked my sisters boyfriend. He replaced it okay, but when it came time to replacong the wires that connects to it (one on top, one on bottom) he said it looked as though the new starter already had attached to it the sort of metal connector piece...this was still attached to wire so he thought he should take off so its jst the black boxy part...I guess inside there was what he considered was part of the component already attached to the new starter. So he started to try and take off/apart. Anyway when he tried reattaching jeep still didn't work. So I guess I'm trying to see if what he did was incorrect (as it would seem) and if so, what is that piece and how can it be fixed/replaced and cost? I apologize for lack of better descriptions. I'm learning as I go tbh. I have to use phone right now for internet, so if anyone is at all able to send reply via email that would be helpful (easier to open on phone). It is ephraim77spyke@yahoo.com. thanks in advance for any help or insight. Trying to get her running b/c I need her for school