Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Jeep Cherokee Heater/AC Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Jeep Cherokee Heater/AC Issues

Hi, I know that this subject has been done to death but I was wondering if I could just ask a few questions from people who have fixed the blend doors, heater core, actuator motor or whatever before I start and pull the dash apart or start cutting holes.

I have 2001 Jeep Cherokee (UK model) and I have no cooling. I just get heat all the time. The engine is running fine, no overheat or issue of any kind. So I have followed some threads and beleive that this is due to the blend doors. The temp control is electronic and there are no cables involved.

I have removed the motor and bench tested it. The spindle moves but it only moves a couple of milimetres. From looking at it I would have thought it would move around 180 degrees but I have not seen another so am I correct.

While the motor was off I took the plastic spindle end off and inserted it into the hole to connect to the blend door axle. I cannot move the blend doors manually. Is this a problem, should I be able to move the blend doors with my fingers?

The motor looks pretty worn and I will replace anyway but while it is working I am not sure if it is working correctly.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance
Jon