Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

JCR Offroad 1/4 Guards /w lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default JCR Offroad 1/4 Guards /w lights

One of the goodies that I picked up on my trip to JCR Offroad was a set of their new upper 1/4 guards with the tailllight boxes built in. I'm very pleased with them, as I think they look great. Install was a bit easier than I was expecting. It can be done by one person but, an extra set of hands sure it helpful. I primed them with some self-etching primer and then hit them with a top coat of Rustoleum Satin Black. I like the idea of being able to touch them up when ever they need it. They fit very well, here's how they turned out.
The bumper is also JCR as well as the lower 1/4 guards. All of it is on their website: JcrOffroad, Inc.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1990
Engine: Renix 4.0L

Looks great! Just out of curiosity, what are the slots in the bumper for?
Old 11-11-2009, 02:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its a rolling JCR poster child!

Just messing. Of course they look great, JCR is quality work. Best part is they are in my new home state!
Old 11-11-2009, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ritter4.0
Looks great! Just out of curiosity, what are the slots in the bumper for?
They are for lights. I've just got to order them off of Amazon.com. If you look on JCR's site, they show them with lights installed in the bumper. When I get them, I plan on removing the light that is mounted on the swingarm. Currently, the one on the swingarm is wired as my backup lamp. I also have it wired to a switch so, I can use it as a work light or for whatever else I may need it for.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1990

does that armor just come with the light cut outs or does it come with the light and u just gotta install everthing?
Old 11-11-2009, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by 1990cherokee
does that armor just come with the light cut outs or does it come with the light and u just gotta install everthing?

You can order the bumper with or without the cutouts for the lights. The Upper 1/4 guards /w the taillight boxes do not come with the lights. JCR lists the part numbers for the lights, pigtails, flanges on their website. They are just standard 4" round LED's that can be had at any decent parts store. The sidemarkers are 2" round and can be found at the parts store as well. You could save quite a bit if you went with the incandescent lamps rather than LED's if you're looking to save some cash.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Haleyes
You can order the bumper with or without the cutouts for the lights. The Upper 1/4 guards /w the taillight boxes do not come with the lights. JCR lists the part numbers for the lights, pigtails, flanges on their website. They are just standard 4" round LED's that can be had at any decent parts store. The sidemarkers are 2" round and can be found at the parts store as well. You could save quite a bit if you went with the incandescent lamps rather than LED's if you're looking to save some cash.
I don't know for certain, but I'd bet that they'll likely have these as part of their Black Friday Sale. Just purely a guess though......