Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Internal lights no longer functioning.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Internal lights no longer functioning.

Hi. I'm new at this and I lack all knowledge in car mechanics, so please bare with me as I try to tell you what's wrong with my Jeep and if anyone here knows what I can do to fix it. So let me start over again. Hi. I drive a 1992 Jeep Cherokee that has been in the shop for the longest time, fixing God knows what was wrong with it. At any rate, I normally drive it during the day, but one night I had to move it out of the drive way and I noticed I couldn't see how many times I had to move the gear stick until I successfully hit 'Reverse'. I also noticed that the only thing that illuminated (until I put the headlights on) was the clock. I couldn't see the speedometer or anything! Is there anything I can do (and when I say I, I mean anyone who actually knows how to work with cars) to fix this? What parts to get? How much it would cost? Anything at all I can do? Thank you for your time and patience for reading this.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:21 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by monkey0525
Hi. I'm new at this and I lack all knowledge in car mechanics, so please bare with me as I try to tell you what's wrong with my Jeep and if anyone here knows what I can do to fix it. So let me start over again. Hi. I drive a 1992 Jeep Cherokee that has been in the shop for the longest time, fixing God knows what was wrong with it. At any rate, I normally drive it during the day, but one night I had to move it out of the drive way and I noticed I couldn't see how many times I had to move the gear stick until I successfully hit 'Reverse'. I also noticed that the only thing that illuminated (until I put the headlights on) was the clock. I couldn't see the speedometer or anything! Is there anything I can do (and when I say I, I mean anyone who actually knows how to work with cars) to fix this? What parts to get? How much it would cost? Anything at all I can do? Thank you for your time and patience for reading this.
The indictor is probably a bulb, but the other stuff is normal.