Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Interior Lights On and more - 1995 Jeep Cherokee

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995 & 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 6
Default Interior Lights On and more - 1995 Jeep Cherokee

Hi All...

I have read some of the previous posts in the forum with similar issues that I am having. But just want to throw it out there.

1995 Jeep Cherokee - Country Edition

Around 2 weeks ago the rear wipe would just turn on. At first it was rather sporadic and would only stay on for a bit then turn off. But after a few days it would just stay on continuously. So I thought it was either a short or something was wrong with the rear wiper motor. So for the time being I just removed the fuse. 3 days ago the inside front dome light stayed on. The only doors that I had used were driver side and rear driver door. So I figured it was the door button. Played around with it to see if I could turn it off. No luck. So I popped the light bulb. Today all of a sudden the rear light did the same thing. Check to buttons on the doors. No luck. Still would not turn off. So popped the bulb on that one. I also noticed that the illuminated light ring around the key ignition was lit up and would not turn off. Usually did after 15-25 seconds. I also took it out for a little test drive and noticed that the battery indicator when stopped at a light. In drive with the heat on full blast (its cold in the Northeast!!) would be far over to the left. But when driving it would go right back to the middle. The battery is around 2 years old.
Any thoughts or suggestions where to look or check? Thanks
Old 03-31-2014, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L I6

Sounds like a faulty ground.