Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

ID this component please

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ID this component please

I am working on removing the heater core on my 96 cherokee 4.0L with A/C. During removal of the blower housing, I knocked a black rectangular component off the front of the blower housing. The component attaches to a copper tube that is embedded into the housing. There are two thin white wires inside the component that go into the blower housing and has a black and white wire pair that goes to a plug. Looking at the Haynes manual, my intuition says this may be the air conditioning thermostat. Not sure though. See attachment for picture.

Can anyone help ID this? Bonus question: Can this component be replaced and roughly how expensive is it?

ID this component please-jeep.jpg
Old 03-31-2012, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody?

Originally Posted by gundog
I am working on removing the heater core on my 96 cherokee 4.0L with A/C. During removal of the blower housing, I knocked a black rectangular component off the front of the blower housing. The component attaches to a copper tube that is embedded into the housing. There are two thin white wires inside the component that go into the blower housing and has a black and white wire pair that goes to a plug. Looking at the Haynes manual, my intuition says this may be the air conditioning thermostat. Not sure though. See attachment for picture.

Can anyone help ID this? Bonus question: Can this component be replaced and roughly how expensive is it?

Attachment 105989
Can anybody help?