Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

First Post on my 2015 Cherokee TH

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default First Post on my 2015 Cherokee TH

So this is my first post to the forums, and I just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing some of these "issues" I've noticed on my Cherokee. Some if not all of these I've noticed since I drove it off the lot and still occur at 9k miles. I've learned to live with them thus far as they never really made me too overly concerned, but since this is a brand new vehicle it would be interesting to know if it's only an occurrence with mine or common among others as well. So here goes...

1. Brake pedal occasionally will feel like a spring or something is releasing. It doesn't seem to have any affect on braking other than me just feeling it under my foot.

2. Braking causes the jeep to vibrate quite a bit, particularly when braking at high speeds (highways). I know this is common sign of warped rotors, but has pretty much happened since I purchased the jeep.

3. On summer days when I'm using the A/C, after I park and exit the Jeep I hear a sizzling sound. It appears to be water from the A/C dripping on exhaust.

4. Locking the vehicle via the button on the door handle doesn't always occur on the first few presses. It's almost as though I have to wait 30 seconds or so until I can push the button to lock it.

5. Hard shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear. I read a post online of others complaining about this issue, so I know this one is somewhat common.

6. Uconnect on my iPhone will sometimes automatically open, sometimes not at all. Not an issue at all really, just strange how it seems to only open when it wants to.

7. Sometimes if I try to voicecall, the car will tell me the contact from phone are still being synced, despite having the phone plugged in for at least 5-10 minutes and ability to browse the phonebook on the dash display. I suspect this may have something to do with the memory since I've only noticed it after I attached my external USB hard drive with quite a few songs on it.