Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

OR-Fab bumpers - feedback

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l
Default OR-Fab bumpers - feedback

Anyone running one of the OR-Fab bumpers, I'd like to see some more pics and get some feedback about them. I like the look of them.
http://www.orfab.com/Bumpers.htm

XJ rear at the top of the page, XJ front at the very bottom
Old 10-13-2009, 10:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0 HO

i'm runnin the or fab front bumper...its a really nice bumper the only problem i've had with it so far is when i was winchin a guy out....i tried bumpin a little bit (lettin off slack and then goin for it) and the bolts that hold the front of the winch plate stripped out...so i made a modifacation. i'll post pics soon. maybe tonight if i get home when its still light out.

[IMG]file:///F:/pics/P5210169.JPG[/IMG]
Old 10-14-2009, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0l

[quote=dangerousdavid;302028]i'm runnin the or fab front bumper...its a really nice bumper the only problem i've had with it so far is when i was winchin a guy out....i tried bumpin a little bit (lettin off slack and then goin for it) and the bolts that hold the front of the winch plate stripped out...so i made a modifacation. i'll post pics soon. maybe tonight if i get home when its still light out.quote]

cheers for the extra pics mate. Does it seem to be a pretty solid unit? how far back does it attach to the uni? (# of bolts?) Will be in the market for a new front when I decide on a winch and this looks like a definite candidate.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0 HO

the mounts go pretty far back onto the unibody frame...i think there are a total of 5 bolts on each side and 6 that bolt the winch plate onto the bumper itself....its a really solid bumper. i've pulled a full size truck out of a ditch sideways with this thing.....started pullin my jeep across the pavement and the bumper didn't budge. like i said, the only problem i had was when i was winchin a guy out and the front 4 bolts on the winch plate stripped out. but the other two main bolts kept the winch intact. i'll get some pics of the mod i made and post them up here tonight. its really easy....a 3/8 drill bit and some 4 inch long grade 8 bolts and you're golden!