Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Engine wiring harness connectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2021, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0
Default Engine wiring harness connectors

Greetings all!
I am in the process of swapping an AW4 into my 87 Jeep, previously had a manual, and along with this swap I am installing an engine wiring harness from a 1989. Im also switching to the later Renix ECU. There are a few wiring differences from my old harness. Most of the connections on the passenger side seem to be obvious - wires match, plugs match, etc. There is one set of two wires, both fairly heavy gauge - an Orange with black stripe and a solid black that appear to go into the harness and around to the back Side of the fuse block. With this "new" harness, I did not get or do not see the connection that this wire set plugs into on the passenger side. It is a two conductor plug - I'll take a picture of it later today. With it being heavy gauge, I assume it might be the main power supply to the fuse block and that there might be a pigtail I am missing that would have a fused link and a ground? Can anyone confirm what these two wires are for? All the diagrams I have access to don't seems to show the connections on the back of the fuse panel. - I'll keep looking though... j
is there a source for a factory service manual for these vehicles?
BTW - I have been reading responses to other questions on this forum and the depth of understanding is wonderful - thank you !!