Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

electical help

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default electical help

was wondering if I could get some input on some issues I've been having with electrical. my power mirrors have never worked since I've gotten it can't seem to find a fix for this but now I noticed my door locks (electric) are also having issues. they will not lock/unlock it makes a click sound like it does but the lock lever does not go all the way over unless you hold down the switch. its almost like its now getting enough power. I have a new batt in it. I also notice that with the lights on when you activte the lock switch the light dims. Is this normal if not what can I look at. hope all this makes since if not let me know and ill try to explain better. the only mods that I have done is replace the abs system with a booster and mc. there was a lot of wiring that went to the abs but I don't think that would affect the issues that im having. oh I have a 90 xj I guess that would help. thanks
Old 02-10-2010, 07:52 PM

Year: 1991
Engine: inline 6 HO

check fuses and relays thats all i would kno
Old 02-10-2010, 07:58 PM

checked fuses don't know which relays to check and how to check it another issue that I have is the driver door switch ( the one that turns on the interior lights when the door is open) does not work all other doors do.