Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Driver's side floorboard rusted out, need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 Liter H.O.
Default Driver's side floorboard rusted out, need help

Basically my 1993 Jeep drivers side floorboard is rusted out. The holes are covered by carpet, so it doesn't really bother me, but I am selling to a friend who has a family so I need to get this taken care of. Attached are pics of the floorboard after I pulled carpet up. So my questions are, should I just take it to a body shop, can they just cut section out and weld new pan in (a picture of new driver's side floor pan I plan to purchase is included) and will a new pan completely take care of the issue, is there some place cheaper than a body shop to get this work done (I would do it myself but I can't weld), as I don't want to spend to much as I am selling for pretty cheap, and I know this will be hard to answer but if I bring vehicle into shop with carpet out so all they have to do is cut and weld any approximations of how much this type of work would cost? Also if you look at pictures of new floor pan (from quadratec's site) there is a big hole in front that I don't see any use for, and the random holes also look like they aren't for anything, and there is no studs or holes in correct place for mounting seat, would I have to drill pan and just bolt it down that way? Also would driver's side rocker panel need to be replaced? Thanks in advance for any help.

Quadratec Driver's side floor pan

quadratec driver's side rocker panel

Last edited by Dsandine; 06-21-2010 at 07:28 PM.