Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

disabled steering column

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default disabled steering column

I have a 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland. The previous owner had a disability and had the steering column disabled. Would this be as simple as a fuse or would it be more physical. I noticed in the fuse box that the slots for the ORC 10 amp fuses has a cover over it with a red magic marker slash on it. what does ORC stand for and might this be solved by putting the 10 amp fuse in those slots?
Old 07-05-2017, 01:29 PM
CF Veteran

Received 333 Likes on 277 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L

ORC stands for Occupant Restraint Controller, which i think covers the airbags or head restraints or something, which was under a recall, IIRC.

BTW, this is the XJ forum. Your Grand Cherokee is a WK2. The following forum will be better suited to your needs. > https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f5/

I would also contact the site Administrator about your username. They should have no issue changing it to ggkaster, if thats what you were going for. Using your email as shown as a user is never a good idea. On any forum.