Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

DEFROST only??!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default DEFROST only??!!

I have a 2000 XJ sport and my air is only blowing out the defrost. Noottt really sure what to look for but assuming its a vac line somewhere...need help!!

installing new radio, door speakers and 1500watt dc/ac invert, so figured i would attempt to fix the air also!!

Thanks
Tee Jay
Old 06-09-2012, 06:12 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by 83foxer
I have a 2000 XJ sport and my air is only blowing out the defrost. Noottt really sure what to look for but assuming its a vac line somewhere...need help!!

installing new radio, door speakers and 1500watt dc/ac invert, so figured i would attempt to fix the air also!!

Thanks
Tee Jay

Check the check valve under the hood where your A/C lines go through the firewall. There should be a black hose connected to it. The hose may be split or the check valve could be bad. To check the check valve, remove it and blow through it both ways. It should allow air to go one way but not the opposite...
Old 06-10-2012, 11:07 AM

i think i found it..its black on one side and white on the other...it should be in so say your blowing the air out of the vehicle correct? or vac out..it only blows one way...but weird this is..its on a t line with the right side(pass side) just dumping into the pass fender..should that be capped?
Old 06-10-2012, 09:02 PM

ok AC WORKS!! here is what i found and rigged up...one rubber vac boot was rotted and collapsed that went from intake to one of the evap cans???(thought it was the air one), next after changing out the line with a spare from the intake manifold to the vac check valve and finding out the line earlier was not the one i was looking for, i hooked it up to check valve and caped off the other side of the T connection, the air shifted just fine!! but the weird part was the spare line i got was off the other side of that T and it just dumped into the pass fender.

so it went from the intake manifold to the T connection/ then one side have the check valve to the air vac in/ then the other side the T just dumped in fender..???

also is the evap things that important on vac...cause i havent got another T connection yet to hook it to the intake manifold...manifold only has three plugs and all are now used...but its running great!!