Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Coil pack connector rebuild?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Coil pack connector rebuild?

Hey guys my pigtail for the coil pack has broken. The little red lock is destroyed I was wondering if there was a place out there that still sold these kits where you can rebuild them. I went to the local Jeep dealership parts counter and they looked at me like I was retarded.

The thing I am talking about is usually the plastic connector then the little metal prongs that go into them. All taken apart so you could build it yourself.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:21 PM
Seasoned Member

Whoever was working the parts counter at the dealer must have been a maroon. They sell connector repair kits that come with a connector and terminals with about 8" of wire attached. Usually also brass crimps and heat shrink too.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:41 PM

Yeah I got the part number from a friend who works in a body shop that I used to work in, I knew they had them since I used to rebuild them when they were damaged in a wreck.

It really pisses me off at the lack of help a dealership parts counter will put forth just because I am keeping my 15 year old truck on the road.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Year: My Jeep is a GMC

Originally Posted by JWheeler
Whoever was working the parts counter at the dealer must have been a maroon. They sell connector repair kits that come with a connector and terminals with about 8" of wire attached. Usually also brass crimps and heat shrink too.
Lots of maroons at dealership parts counters. I myself could not charge someone $18 for say a 1/4-20 nut that could be purchased at Lowes for .07
Old 03-11-2014, 11:16 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by Turbo X_J
Lots of maroons at dealership parts counters. I myself could not charge someone $18 for say a 1/4-20 nut that could be purchased at Lowes for .07

I work in the service dept at a dealer and our labor rates are right in line with most aftermarket shops out there. The outrageous prices people sometimes encounter when going to the dealership is always caused by the price of parts.