Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Clip nuts on fuel injectors

Old 09-03-2010, 05:38 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1994 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Clip nuts on fuel injectors

Hello. I hope everyone is doing fine. I have started selling some injectors on the side to try and make a little extra money and am pondering the yellow Ford 0 280 155 710's. I see them mentioned a lot on various Cherokee forums so they stuck my interest. My only reservation is how much of a market for them there will be since there is no "clip nut" groove. I have read where some have advised not to use them because, "The clip nut is there for a reason." And yet Bosch who makes the injectors and Ford who have used the injectors on dozens of model vehicles spanning 2 decades don't feel it is that important since they don't use the clip nuts. My studies in junkyards for the past few months have taught me that the fuel rails on the Fords are a lot less beefy than those on a Cherokee and are held down by much smaller thinner bolts and yet obviously those injectors are staying in place without clip nuts. I tried a few out and it seems the Cherokee clip nuts still grip fairly tightly at the neck of the Ford 710's even without the grove in them.
I guess my question(s) are... How important does everyone thing these clip nuts are? Is the 0 280 155 710 a good enough "upgrade" injector for a Cherokee that it is worth my time getting some to sell? Thanks for any input positive or negative.