Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Can you help me with this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 HO
Exclamation Can you help me with this?

Can someone tell me where the buzzer is on my 94 sport? it comes on when i turn my key on and its very annoying. Also is there a fuse i can pull? Its embarrasing when a girl gets in and i turn my key on and BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. lol Thx

1994 Jeep Cherokee Sport SE 4.0 H.O. 4X4
Old 07-21-2011, 06:00 PM

It's probably the seat belt un-hooked alarm or the door a-jar alarm both of which serve a useful porpose.

Probably not a good idea to defeat either one, but you own it now.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:04 PM

If you would happen to be a creative guy who is gifted electrically, why not wire in your favorite music or chimes, or the National Anthem, instead of the buzzer?
Old 07-21-2011, 06:05 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1995
Engine: I6 4.0L

ya there is a fuse u can pull from the fuse panel thats under the steering wheel. its the combination buzzer and its the big one that looks like aluminum. pull that out and it should stop
Old 07-21-2011, 06:44 PM
CF Veteran

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L

Originally Posted by 94cherokee4x4
Can someone tell me where the buzzer is on my 94 sport? it comes on when i turn my key on and its very annoying. Also is there a fuse i can pull? Its embarrasing when a girl gets in and i turn my key on and BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. lol Thx

1994 Jeep Cherokee Sport SE 4.0 H.O. 4X4
That's like asking "where's the little man in the boat"! Dude, that buzzer gives you the perfect segue for a snappy one liner. You think she's annoyed by that buzzer? Un-annoy her with something like this - "Hey! My Jeep must like you. Listen to that. It's vibrating with excitement!" ...hey, I try, if you do/don't like it then I still think you get the picture. Turn it into a positive, no dis-assemble if not broken. BTW: It's up under the dash on the driver's side of the steering column. If you stick your head under there while it's buzzing then you'll locate it - uh, the buzzer, not the little man...
Old 07-21-2011, 06:50 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1994
Engine: 4.0 HO

Originally Posted by webb'scherokee
It's probably the seat belt un-hooked alarm or the door a-jar alarm both of which serve a useful porpose.

Probably not a good idea to defeat either one, but you own it now.
so does having common sense and knowing how to buckle up and close doors. mine had the wires diked before i got it.