Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

in cab mounted winch controls ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 08:05 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default in cab mounted winch controls ??

has anyone ever mounted and wired up perminate winch controls in there cab and hook up some kind of relay/switch so you can still use the remote ? just kinda curious and whats peoples opinion on the idea ?
Old 12-01-2009, 08:28 PM
CF Veteran

Received 290 Likes on 239 Posts
Year: 1987 MJ, 1998 XJ, 1973 J2000, 89 waggy
Model: Comanche (MJ)
Engine: 4.0L H.O

i've seen it done but don't know how they did it... they had a simple 2-way toggle on the dash for in cab and they also still had their 10' remote line.....
but its not a bad setup.....
Old 12-01-2009, 10:53 PM
I like it in the dirt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2003
Model: Grand Cherokee

On all of our company truck there is an in cab switch as well as the remote. Superwinch sells a kit for their winches and thats what we run, as do I but i have no wish to put a switch in the cab. What type of winch we talking about? Im sure they would all be close to the same, but I only have experience with one brand.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:58 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee

Originally Posted by itsanxjthing
On all of our company truck there is an in cab switch as well as the remote. Superwinch sells a kit for their winches and thats what we run, as do I but i have no wish to put a switch in the cab. What type of winch we talking about? Im sure they would all be close to the same, but I only have experience with one brand.
i have a warn , i think it would be nice to have a in cab set up , because my co pilot is usually the one getting wet to hook it up lol and you dont need to hook the remote up unless you really need to , i work the controls from in cab most of the time anyway sooo it just makes sense