Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

A/C Switch/Possible Vacuum Leak

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default A/C Switch/Possible Vacuum Leak

Hey all, new to the forum!

I've been having trouble with my A/C lately. The air seems to only blow on defrost no matter how hard the air is blowing or what setting it's on. I've done some research and most people that had this problem found it to be a vacuum leak. I've already went and checked the line for leaks from where it starts down behind the bumper all the way up to where it enters the firewall and found no leak. I also read that people with this issue had their cruise control stop working whereas mine works fine.

My question is any of you guys think it could be the A/C switch that is getting stuck? Or is just that I'm missing something with the vacuum line?
Old 04-26-2012, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 Liter, Inline 6

Originally Posted by Diplomat
Hey all, new to the forum!

I've been having trouble with my A/C lately. The air seems to only blow on defrost no matter how hard the air is blowing or what setting it's on. I've done some research and most people that had this problem found it to be a vacuum leak. I've already went and checked the line for leaks from where it starts down behind the bumper all the way up to where it enters the firewall and found no leak. I also read that people with this issue had their cruise control stop working whereas mine works fine.

My question is any of you guys think it could be the A/C switch that is getting stuck? Or is just that I'm missing something with the vacuum line?
Check both vacuum and and ac switch. You might also want to do pressure tests. Might also want to check the connection between everything that helps run ac